Investigation undertaken by the Aquatic Engineer has determined that the hobs (raised sections at both shallow and deep end) require refurbishment in order to avoid further tiles falling off. In order to conduct these works a 6-day closure will be required.
Works undertaken during this closure will include removal of all tiles from the top and face of the hobs, render applied and epoxy paint applied, tiles will not be replaced. We are pleased that this will result in a safer pool for the summer period.
The 50m pool closure period will be:
3pm Monday 18th November- 8pm Saturday 23rd November
It is anticipated that the pool will reopen as normal on Sunday 24th November (8am)
During this time there will be a number of changes required to the centre programming in order to accommodate all users in reduced pool space, these changes are as follows:
– Lap Swimming– reduced availability of public lap swimming lanes- please refer to website for lap lane availability
– Warm water pool access– from 4pm-7.30pm Monday -Friday half of the warm water pool will be unavailable due to learn to swim programs, on Saturday morning from 8am-1.15pm half of the warm water pool will be unavailable due to learn to swim programs.
– Swimming Lessons- Water Safety week will be conducted from Monday 18th November- Sunday 24th November, this will replace the scheduled Water Safety week in December
– Squad programs (DTSC)- sessions will be relocated to the 25m pool
– Squad Programs (Dolphins Masters)- sessions will be relocated to the 25m pool, with the exception of the Saturday morning session which will be confirmed by the club at a later date
– Oceanauts and Aquanauts- sessions will be relocated to the 25m pool, with the exception of Saturday morning Adult Technique which will be cancelled on Saturday 23rd November
During this time the outdoor area including waterslide, toddler pool and dive pool will be closed.
If you would like to suspend your membership for this period (18th November- 23rd November) we are happy to accommodate this free of charge. Please complete a suspension request at reception and inform staff that you are suspending due to tiling works.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact the Aquarena team email@example.com
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we resolve this.