Doncaster Templestowe Swim Club
The Doncaster Templestowe Swim Club provides a long term sustainable competitive swimming program that is athlete focused, coach driven and administratively supported. They provide clear athlete development pathways from Junior to National level swimming, as well as providing programs for fitness and recreation.
There are 3 different Squad streams:
Transition to Squad
Our GOswim Academy Squad is designed to help children progress from our GOswim program into our development stream of the squad program. The program runs for 1 hour, once a week, and helps children gain endurance, while learning to "speak the language" of squads.
This tailored program aims to help children wanting to be competitive swimmers:
- understand how to read the clock
- read the swim boards
- get introduced to racing, and
- strengthen their competitive stroke techniques.
Children joining this group must be able to swim freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke with correct technique and timing.
The primary focus of the Academy, Junior and Intermediate squads is technique and skill development. Each school term these squads train to compete in encouraged meet competitions, usually held towards the end of the term.
This initiative has been set up to introduce swimming as a competitive sport in a friendly and encouraging environment. It will also provide members with an opportunity to establish individual goals and work towards achieving them.
The members of Junior and Intermediate squads are required to have an Associate Membership with Doncaster Templestowe Amateur Swimming Club (DTASC).
The Competitive Stream has been designed to provide all year-round training and to help all members in Development, State and National squads to achieve their competitive swimming goals.
It is a requirement for all members of the Development, State and National squads to have a full membership with DTASC as well as a competitive member with Swimming Victoria. This membership will allow swimmers to compete at all qualifying meets as well as at state and national level competitions.
How to Enrol
Assessment times may be made in person at reception or by telephone. As with the swimming lesson program, entry in to the squad program will be based on assessment and/or graduation.
If you'd like to get started in any of the above programs, please contact us at th below link.
Doncaster Dolphins Masters Swim Club
- was established in 1984
- belongs to the international organisation of masters swimmers
- has members aged 18 plus
- includes all levels of swimmers for fun and fitness
- is involved in competitions (local, interstate, overseas)
- has open water swims.
Membership benefits include:
- 20% discount off your Aquarena 12-month membership
- improved health and fitness by swimming all year
- stroke correction and training techniques from our highly qualified and accredited coaches
- meeting new friends
- chatting over coffee and breakfast in the cafe on Saturdays after training
- social activities for you and your family outside the pool environment
- regular newsletter and information on our website
- competition swimming available.
Plan a visit to one of the following Doncaster Dolphins training sessions and meet our members. We offer a free no obligation trial session.
Doncaster Dolphins training times:
- Monday 7:30pm to 8:45pm
- Thursday 7:15pm to 8:30pm
- Saturday 7:45am to 9:00am
Member Liaison/ Publicity Officer: Wendy Simmons
Mobile: 0419 843 317
Address: Doncaster Dolphins, PO Box 2129, Lower Templestowe 3107
For more information on the latest Doncaster Dolphins Club news, events and results please visit their Facebook page
President: Tony Chenco | Email: email@example.com
Head Coach: Rod Clarke | Mobile: 0419 532 101